April 22 – May 26, 2014
The Bloomin Birdathon is our annual spring fundraising event. Now in its 34th year, this fun event provides an opportunity to raise critical funds for our local conservation and education programs while engaging in an outdoor activity on your own or with colleagues, family, and friends. Help us reach our fundraising goal of $30,000.
Recruit colleagues, family and friends to support you or your team with a per species amount for every bird or wildflower species you or your group identifies during a 24-hour period between April 22 and May 26.
If you are interested in participating in the 2014 Bloomin' Birdathon, please email Loree Trilling.
- Sign up to Join a Team
- Count during our Weekend Bird Walks
- Free Birding Trips
- Sign up for a Fee-Based Trip
- Sponsor sheet
Tools for Ensuring Your Success
- Birds of Maryland checklist
- Wildflower checklist
- For tips and inspiration, read the Naturalist Quarterly
- Make a donation online
- Make a donation by check:
ANS Bloomin' Birdathon
8940 Jones Mill Rd
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(please note on the check the person you are sponsoring)
How It Works
Follow these simple guidelines:
- Count wildflower and/or bird species during any 24-hour period during the Birdathon.
- The location is entirely up to you -- sit on your couch and count the visitors to your backyard bird feeder, go for a walk in the park, spend a day at the beach!
- Ask family and friends to sponsor your efforts or just sponsor yourself! Sponsors can pledge an amount for each species you identify or make a fixed donation.
- Tell your sponsors all about your adventures!
- Mail in your collected pledges and donations or forego pledges and make your own tax-deductible donation.
Have fun while supporting a good cause! All proceeds directly benefit ANS's environmental education and conservation programs. All donations are tax-deductible.
If you have any questions regarding the Bloomin' Birdathon, please email Loree Trilling or call Loree at 301-652-9188 x35