April 19 – May 19, 2013
The Bloomin Birdathon is our annual spring fundraising event. Now in its 33rd year, this fun event provides an opportunity for young and old alike to raise critical funds for our local conservation and education programs while engaging in an outdoor activity on your own or with colleagues, family, and friends.
Sponsor or Donate
Support an individual, family, or team
- List of individuals or teams to sponsor
- Make a donation online
- Make a donation by check: Bloomin' Birdathon Donation Form mail to:
ANS Bloomin' Birdathon
8940 Jones Mill Rd
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(please note on the check the person you are sponsoring)
If you have any questions regarding the Bloomin' Birdathon, please firstname.lastname@example.org" data-mce-href="mailto:email@example.com">email Loree Trilling or call Loree at 301-652-9188 x35
SIGN UP HERE. Recruit colleagues, family and friends to support you or your team with a per species amount for every bird or wildflower species you or your group identifies during a 24-hour period between April 19 and May 19. Your participation will go a long way in helping us to meet our 2013 goal of raising $25,000.
This year's Bloomin' Birdathon is in memory of two dedicated past participants: ANS members Lou DeMouy and Barbara Holloman. Your participation this year will honor their past efforts and the joy and enthusiasm they brought to this annual fundraising event.
Tools for Ensuring Your Success
- Birds of Maryland checklist
- Wildflower checklist
- Free ANS sponsored walks: RSVP required by emailing Loree Trilling or call Loree at 301-652-9188 x35.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013: 8:30-10:30 a.m. at Great Falls, MD Leaders: Liz & Stephen Jones
Saturday, May 11, 2013: 7:00-11:00 a.m. at Pennyfield Lock. Leader: John Bjerke
- List of ANS Classes during Bloomin' Birdathon
- Sponsor Sheet
- Donation Form
Simple Guidelines to Follow
- Count wildflower and/or bird species during any 24-hour period during the Birdathon.
- The location is entirely up to you -- sit on your couch and count the visitors to your backyard bird feeder, go for a walk in the park, spend a day at the beach!
- Ask family and friends to sponsor your efforts or just sponsor yourself! Sponsors can pledge an amount for each species you identify or make a fixed donation.
- Tell your sponsors all about your adventures!
- Mail in your collected pledges and donations or forego pledges and make your own tax-deductible donation.
The point is to have fun while supporting a good cause! All proceeds directly benefit ANS's environmental education and conservation programs. All donations are tax-deductible.