|Master Naturalist Volunteer
Training at Woodend
Next fall, ANS will once again partner with the University of Maryland Extension to offer the Maryland Master Naturalist volunteer training course. ANS will bring top-notch instructors to the program, which will provide:
- 52 hours of training in the ecology, flora, and fauna of MD
- 8 hours of hands-on field work
- A focus on the natural history of Maryland's Piedmont region
Master Naturalist volunteer training graduates will commit 40 hours to naturalist-related volunteer service annually. See the University of Maryland's website for more information about the program.
DATES: Tuesdays and Thursdays, October 2-November 20, 2014, 9:00 am-2:30 pm
FIELD GUIDE: 2013 Master Naturalist Volunteer Field Guide
Application-based admission will be limited to 18 participants.
There is a $250 fee to cover the cost of materials.
To be admitted to a training course, you must be at least 18 years old, submit an application, and be interviewed.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted for an interview.
- Once your paperwork is completed, and you have had an interview, you will be notified of your admissions status.
- The deadline for applications is August 1, 2014.
- Early application is recommended.
For questions or to be notified of future training opportunities, contact Pam Herrick, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or call Pam Herrick at 301-652-9188 x30.
|CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2013!|
|ANS Master Naturalist class of 2013. Standing: Nancy Voit, Frank Sanford, Darlene Robbins, Sylvia Diss, Joyce Bailey, Donald Dittberner, Rich Griffin, Bob Hirshon, Chris Ley, Heleny Cook, Julie Bloss Kelsey. Kneeling: Susan Dunnell, Susan Schober, Rosewitha Augusta, Adriana Delgado, Suzanne Shewtz Missing from photo: Colette Cowey, Ramona Winkelbauer|