|Master Naturalist Volunteer
Training at Woodend
Next fall, ANS will once again partner with the University of Maryland (UMD) Extension to offer the Maryland Master Naturalist volunteer training course. ANS will bring top-notch instructors to the program, which will provide:
- 52 hours of training in the ecology, flora, and fauna of Maryland
- 8 hours of hands-on field work
- A focus on the natural history of Maryland's Piedmont region
Master Naturalist volunteer training graduates will commit 40 hours of volunteer service annually to ANS. See the University of Maryland's website for more information about the program.
DATES: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM, September 27-November 10, 2016
Application-based admission will be limited to 18 participants.
There is a $250 fee paid to UMD Extension for the cost of materials.
ANS Master Naturalist volunteers support education programs, stewardship of Woodend habitat, and conservation outreach programs. Click here to view a more comprehensive list of current volunteer opportunities.
To be admitted to a training course, you must be at least 18 years old, submit an application, and be interviewed.
- Application deadline is August 1, 2016.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted for an interview.
- Candidates will be notified of their admissions status by August 15, 2016.
For questions, contact the Manager of Volunteer Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-652-9188 x30.
Current volunteers, update your contact information and track your volunteer service by logging into the ANS Volunteer Information Center: