Welcome to the Audubon Naturalist Society, the oldest independent environmental organization in the Washington, DC region. A pioneer in linking conservation activities with environmental education, ANS:
- Reaches more than 9,000 children each calendar year through its nature preschool and family, scout, school, and camp programs
- Offers adults a rich variety of natural history classes, local outings, and national and international travel experiences
- Works with a network of civic and environmental groups on conservation issues, such as transportation, watershed and rural lands protection, and climate change
- Manages three wildlife sanctuaries: Woodend, Rust, and Webb
- Hosts numerous special events, including author and speaker events, member meetings, and the Bloomin' Birdathon
- Publishes the Naturalist Quarterly four times a year and broadcasts the Audubon eNEWS monthly
- Operates a Sanctuary Shop at Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD, with a good selection of birdseed, bird feeders & houses, natural history and environmental books, DVDs and CDs, binoculars, spotting scopes, gifts, jewelry, stationary, coffee, T-shirts, and children's items.
ANS federal tax ID #53-0233715
To review ANS policies including Program Participant Complaint Procedures,
The Audubon Naturalist Society inspires residents of the greater Washington, DC, region to appreciate, understand, and protect their natural environment through outdoor experiences, education, and advocacy.
The Audubon Naturalist Society seeks to create a larger and more diverse community of people who treasure the natural world and work to preserve it.